Where is the Open Source Scriptures Version currently at in its development process? Is this just another ambitious project that will never demonstrate any fruit?
I can’t assure you I (Dave) won’t be hit by a bus tomorrow and the project cease development due to a lack of other contributors, but I have every intention of being committed to this project – even if the progress is slow and/or the team remains small.
Here is what I’ve done thus far:
- For the last several months I have been reading through the entirety of the WEB and making minor corrections to the text (spelling, grammar, etc). I have completed a first pass on all of the Scriptures except for Isaiah, Jeremiah, John, Job, Luke, Matthew, Proverbs, Psalms – but I am already making progress through these as well.
- I’ve created this website and am currently recruiting team members as well as soliciting recommendations for the best collaboration platform for this project.
Here is what comes next:
- A collaboration system is selection.
- I complete the first pass on the WEB.
- I post the WEB to the collaboration system.
- Team members begin discussing refinements to the translation.
- Consensus determines translation choices.
- When a complete pass has been made of any biblical book, the updated version will be added to the “release” version of the OSSV.
- Rinse and repeat (Steps 4-6) ad infinitum.